May 13, 2007

faith, hope & love


Today Conner, Van & I drove up to San Clemente to go to church and then we went down to the pier to have french crepes, and walk to the end of the pier. As we were walking down to the end of the pier, time was moving really slow. I felt like I needed to take advantage of it, and enjoy the moment. Live in the present. Being a mom and a wife at the same time is a lot of work... Don't they just have a wife's day too?

Church was great it really opened my ears and my heart to the truth. I was there in church for a reason, because my mom taught me that God was important in my life and that faith, hope and love were the answer. As I was changing Van's diaper today and he was crying, I kept thinking how I hated to see him struggling.

Ever since we brought him into this world he has had to face challenges compared to what he was used to in my body, floating in the warm cozy waters, having all of his needs met. Then I focused on my life and thought sure it was easier when my parents were supporting me, I wasn't trying to make it on my own. I left the east coast out of faith and hope and I ended up finding love. Everyday is a challenge but I couldn't imagine it any other way. Thank you Conner for being my husband and for wanting so much for Van and I. You make us both smile. Today was a first for me as a mom, and there are many more to come down the road.


Thank you mom for sculpting me into the person I am today. I love where I am. Thank you Van for helping me to feel things I never thought I could feel.
You truly are teaching me so much about life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monks said...

van would be sooo hot if he were in Puerto Rico! But daddy would be surfing and mom would be chillin' by the pool with a Mai Tai.

The time will come....

16 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home