Apr 15, 2007

uno mes


Van turned one month this past week.
To celebrate his birthday we watched the video of us having him, or actually me having him! It was crazy. I had no idea how peaceful it was in the room. The lights were turned down low, everyone spoke in very low tones, and we had light music and aromatherapy filling the air. In my head I remember that I was yelling a lot. But when we watched the video I was very calm. I asked if he was Mexican when he came out, who knows why... but it was funny and everyone was laughing. I can say I did bring my child into this worked all natural too which I am proud of. I had a tiny bit of morphine to get me through the part where I dilated from 6 to 10 in 30 minutes. Anyways watching the video of Van's birth almost seemed surreal like that girl wasn't me in that bed having that baby. It is x rated so I don't think we are going to be showing it at any dinner parties or anything like that!

I looked over at conner while we were watching the vid and he was holding his breath and pushing. I thought it was funny because you can hear him doing that on the video too. He really did get involved, at one point he got in the bed with me and helped hold my back... So awesome....

So here is Van's one month picture.. I was over at Jen's house ( one of my friends and also my doula) and saw she had done this each month with Laekin and it is so cool to see how much they grow with in a months time frame.

Tonight we are trying a new recipe from the other show on TLC that I watch all the time "take home chef" I love it. Check out what we are making for dinner.

I just started to eat fish again after a nine month hiatus I hated it. So we will see if it goes over well!

more fun stuff later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan and Jordan said...

I think that I might have to copy this idea of the pictures at each month mark, so cute!
p.s. did you see what I posted on my blog of Kingston and Van?!!! they are such lady killers already!

17 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home