Mar 1, 2008

love is....


Love is a funny thing isn't it? Over time you would think that it would get easier and easier and that eventually when your old you know each other so well you wouldn't even need to speak, you can just read each others minds. Sometimes that speaking part is true, but I have to say I love seeing an old couple holding hands or gazing into each others eyes. It makes my heart sing.

I scrolled through my treasure box of photos and couldn't seem to find a recent one of Conner and I, until I got to the pictures of our trip to Puerto Rico in Dec. I am making a pact that we will start taking more photos of ourselves together, I will make it a priority. Somehow when you have a baby or babies, all of your attention and focus seems to go into your child's life and happiness. You must not forget about your own.


Last night we were doing a bible study together and I pulled out a photo of us when we met. These words floated through my tired mind - bliss, young, blind. We were so shocked to have met each other those first two years that it seemed like someone had super glued us together, if we were apart we were lost. He completed me, and I had never felt that before. Now after four years of marriage, that bliss has resided and we are learning how to become one, unified. A team more or less. Relationships are not easy, but we were not created to be alone in this world, and two is far more powerful than one. We may never have that blissful time back where those pheromones shot through our bodies, and made us feel high at the mere sight of each other. But we have a lifetime together to grow old by each others sides. When I think about our love I am reminded of a quote I put on the back of our wedding invitations, it is from an Etta James song. "I found a thrill to press my cheek to".

The time we spend together in our house smiling at our son, and smiling at each other is what our love is. We are on to simply living in harmony, learning how to respect, forgive, praise, nourish, and love each other a little more today than we did yesterday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home