Feb 26, 2008

Healthy O's & toys



So today when I was in the pantry I decided to read the ingredients of the trader joes cheerios that I give to my Van. I just read the ingredients on everything that I feed to my family so this is normal for me. I found an ingredient that I had never heard of (trisodium phosphate), so I looked it up and here is what I found.
An ionic salt used as a thickener/emulsifier for foods, as well as common uses as a degreaser, detergent, and laxative. It is a chemical that can peel wallpaper off of a wall & they sell it at hardware stores. I know the entire world and then some feed their children cheerios but I found a cereal that actually tastes better, is in the same price range and is all organic, healthy times teddy puffs
To read more about ingredients you should not consume click here.

Here are some of my favorite green companies offering eco-friendly & health-friendly toys, I feel it is important to check up on everything we give our kids to play with. It may save their life. I am just uber conscious and almost annoying about it. I love this peace baby block set.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home