Dec 6, 2007

Be Kind


First moments with Santa!

I got an email from a friend today with this quote at the bottom, and it made me think for a minute how true this is.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
I was thinking we all have something we are dealing with, some people put on a happy face and never let you in to the realities of their life, that only inhibits you from creating a stronger relationship with them. Everyone is fighting some kind of battle, so why not be open and share them with others so you can get their feedback, grow a relationship by trusting in someone and vent all at the same time!

Everything is not perfect nor will it ever be, but being open and honest about life and it's little bumps along the way is completely normal. I am going to make sure I tell Van this from now on too! Even though he is a little dude he should feel free to be open and honest with his friends and loved ones. That is what they are there for, right?

On a side note I am getting obsessed with organic food, almost everything in my refrigerator is organic, and I don't feed Van anything that is not organic. Feeding him has been interesting lately, I mean how do you know when he is full, it's not like he has a little flag that goes up or a thermometer that pops out. He just keeps eating and eating. So I guess I should just know this stuff, but it is really all new and something new to learn everyday!

We just bought him a new stacking toy by tiny love and it is really great he loves to play with the little colorful balls and shake the rattle, when you drop the ball inside of the tube the chicken makes all of this noise and Van gets a big smile.
I love all of their toys especially this follow me FRED,
An adorable self-rolling puppy that engages baby and encourages him to crawl. Follow-Me Fred features a multi-directional, accordion-shaped body that can be set to move in a straight line as well as in a circular motion. Speed control and colorful buttons trigger music and cheerful doggie sounds.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan and Jordan said...

That picture of you and Van below is SO cute, You look beautiful! And I love Van looking at Santa...you can tell he looks a little hesitant like he knows that is a statue :)
I'm sorry that I missed you at the sale, I hope you found some cute things! I got Kingston that neon shirt that said "Model Type". So when can I buy a Van Erwin tee? We need one!
I miss you guys, I wish we didn't live so far away...I totally know what you mean about Van growing so fast, and not being able to soak it in fast enough..I cried last night thinking about how fast the time is going and I feel like I havent had enough time to savor each month that Kingston grows...so the weekends are our time to do that I guess!!!
XOXO
Lets get together after the holidays for sure :)

08 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home