Dec 1, 2007

Van goes to the Getty

Lately life has been a little chaotic. I don't really know why a lot of traveling and not a lot of resting. I am trying to find the peace somewhere in the chaos. My mom is in town and we drove up to LA to go to the Getty this Thursday. We had a great time, and it was so nice to be there. It was quiet, calm, peaceful. Van loved looking at the paintings too. Most of all he likes hearing his voice in the rooms when everything was silent. The paintings in the Getty were amazing I couldn't believe how amazing they truly were. I studied them in college but had never really seen their true beauty until now.


Van just started to crawl today, I will take some photos of him crawling on his hands and knees this weekend. He is all over the place and exploring everything. He pulls himself up on furniture and toys now too. Along with not really taking very many naps during the day and now crawling all over the place I really don't know how I am going to get anything done now. Time to baby proof the house for sure.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Monks said...

The Getty really is an amazing spot. I love the walk way through the garden in the back that is flanked by a stream and waterfalls. Waterfalls are not a normal outdoor fixture in L.A.

It really didn't hit me when i was there, but the Getty museum was built on oil money. Not bad for a guy (Jean Paul Getty) that started out selling and leasing oil leases in Oklahoma.

03 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home