May 22, 2007

home

Today my sister and I took Van out in the boat to a little island and we touched his toes in the salt water and let him feel the sand between his toes. I collected some sand for his sand collection as the first beach in Florida that he got to see.

Life is full of new things each day for him, and I love to be by his side watching his eyes take it all in. Some things he loves and others he just needs to warm up to.
We drove the boat out to the island with the dog on the bow, and the smell of the salty air and the warm water and white sand reminded me of how it felt to be a little kid growing up here. The ocean is like a bathtub and almost always warm enough to swim in, and the sand is like white sugar. I am just cherishing every moment here because before I know it we will be on the plane back home. Family is such a wonderful thing to have around. I felt the pressure of needing to be by Van's side every waking moment reside once I arrived here.

My mom loves to spend time with him alone and so does my sister and her kids too, it's nice to know they are here and I can take a break and relax when I need to. This trip has been very surreal for me. Every things the same but I have a son by my side now, and his little things fill my suitcase now. I looked in my suitcase tonight and suddenly all of his things were more important than mine. I shoved all of my things to the side and made room for his.

My sister and I got to go out this week while my mom & my cousin watched Van and it was so much fun, drinking martini's and having dinner. They had a Bengal tiger in a cage outside of this party which I was not very happy about, but it was fun to people watch and have a little time with the girls!






Van got a chance to meet my other two sisters and all of his cousins this week too, we had fun and got a chance to eat at Dagwoods together!















I have so many more pictures to share. I will have more tomorrow.
bye for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monks said...

The California crew misses Van the Little Man. I can't wait to see him (and you of course) this weekend...I am going to be in town longer than I expected. :-)

26 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home