May 30, 2007

In Rememberance


So much to say and so little time to say it these days. Van is awake so much during the days now, he is so alert and loves to read books with me.
He has cried so much in the past few days since we got back from Florida, so we took him to the Dr's today and Dr. Sears says he thinks he is colicky. So I am going to watch what I eat to avoid hours of crying. He does weigh 15 lbs now and I wanted to share some more pics of his little face. He got to meet so many family members while we were home. That is my mom with the broken leg, she broke it extreme mountain biking. Can you believe that? Van also got a chance to meet his Pocka while we were home, and miss Charlotte and their doggies Blondie and Dagwood too. He traveled like he was born to do it, and I can't wait to take him on another vacation to a cool new place this summer.




I realize when I haven't had any sleep and I am at my wits end, that life is precious and my problems are not that large. While I was in Florida a friend from my childhood passed away. Her family still remains close to mine, however I had not seen her in a couple years. I have been so saddened by lexie's passing this week that every waking moment has gone to thinking of her and remembering how we were as little kids growing up together. Her mom was at our house the night she passed away and we were talking about how much fun we had together and reminiscing about our youth. She left our house and found out that her youngest daughter of 31 had passed that evening in her home. It all seemed so strange to me, there was her mom sitting on our couch talking and remembering us as little girls. Then we get a call one hour later that she is gone. My heart aches for the family and although I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child, my mother knows how it feels and can relate and I know she will bring great peace and friendship at this time to the Eatons.
Alexia I will remember your sweet smile, and the laughter we shared as little girls growing up together, I know you are missed by many. God Speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home