Jun 10, 2008

It's getting HOT IN HERE...



In preparing ourselves for the hottest state on the planet. Conner and I have started going to Bikram Yoga. The first class I went to, I thought maybe I had just died and gone to Hell. Conner's first class was about the same, he felt as if he were going to vomit, and when the teacher saw him looking rather pale and nauseous he gave him some magical coconut juice that brought him back to life. Today it actually felt great, I breathed life and energy into every muscle in my entire body... I came right home and indulged in chocolate chip cookies and did not drink enough water. At the moment I am feeling kinda weird and woozy , I keep picturing that guy who placed his mat way to close to mine, with the pierced nipples. His sweat dripped on me at one point he was so close to me... enough about me, here is some important info you should know about Hot Yoga.

The recommended temperature is minimum 105F degrees and about 40% humidity.
( did I mention that we are preparing to move to the hottest state on the planet?)

The room is kept at this temperature or more for the following:

  • Keeping the body from overheating (contrary to popular misconception)
  • Protecting the muscles to allow for deeper stretching
  • Detoxing the body (open pores to let toxins out)
  • Thinning the blood to clear the circulatory system
  • Increasing heart rate for better cardiovascular workout
  • Improving strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state for reorganization
  • Reorganize the lipids (fat) in the muscular structure

Bikram’s Yoga:

  • Teaches you to breathe fully and correctly
  • Helps reduce symptoms of chronic illnesses and injuries
  • Helps promote better sleep – you may even need less sleep
  • Promotes a deep sense of well-being and a peaceful mind
  • Helps in weight-loss and toning
  • Improves posture and body awareness
  • Improves flexibility of your spine in its range of motion in all directions, allowing improvement in the functioning of your central nervous system. Better nervous system communication means a better functioning body and mind
  • Improves the healing and regenerative powers of your body
  • Maintains (and regains) youthful appearance and skin tone
  • Works all systems of the body: cardiovascular, nervous, lymphatic, endocrine, immune, digestive, reproductive, muscular and skeletal
  • Helps to reduce stress
  • Helps improve heart and lung capacity
  • Lubricates the joints
  • Helps to eliminate back pain by strengthening the spine;
  • Builds mental strength by holding your mind in a focused, meditative state.
  • Gives the body a cardiovascular workout without negative impacting forces.
Okay so I can tell you I am on the search to find balance and this is most definitely
helping me release stress that I have about moving and put my mind at ease!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ej said...

I find this very interesting Dianne. I'm sure it would help my soccer skillz. I wonder if they offer Bikram yoga at 24 hour fitness. Probably not if the room has to be 105 degrees.
Anyway, thanks for sharing. I've never been interested in trying yoga before.
Tell your man I miss him. You guys gotta come up to the bucket pool in Ladera soon.

16 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home