May 24, 2008

You



Do you lay your head on the pillow at night, and your mind races with all of the things you didn't get to do, and the things you did do? Did you do them right, did you say that right, did she seem weird when she said that to you? Judging, analyzing, stressing... Quiet your mind, get in control. Empty it.

I would pray for a while at night and I still do, but after my prayers are finished I move to a place of quiet solitude. A place within that is so deep, I can call it my own. This is where everything is for me, this is where I live. It's not within these four walls.

When you turn within and take control, your need to control things around you suddenly seizes. This message keeps coming to me loud and clear. Your inner self holds the key to your complete happiness. Your life mirrors the way you see the world. Your inner happiness spills out to others and then returns to you. My husband has been telling me this for a long time now, and maybe it is just now sinking in. But everywhere I turn this message is right in front of me. I love this moment. He handed me his book today and had me read his favorite part. It was exactly this, we are on the same page.
I took Van to the Self-Realization Fellowship Ashram Center in Encinitas this week. I let him run around barefoot in the meditation gardens, while I sat watching him play. It is easy to quiet your mind in a place like this. It is amidst the chaos and the noise where we find peace, that is the true challenge.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Van is getting so big! I can't wait to hang out with him again soon...are you reading him Uncle Stefans blog? I posted some baby animal pictures this morning!

26 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home