May 15, 2008

Nostalgic already

Today I got a little emotional when Van and I were playing in his room, we made a fort out of sheets and played with his toys in there. I tried to take the moments and capture them in my memory. His room, the breeze blowing in the window, the curtains billowing. The music floating through the air. I started thinking about all of the hard work and energy we put into designing his room. Conner worked so hard on it. The thought of leaving the first home we owned and the place we brought our son home scares me a lot. There has been something really nice about being in our own little bubble out here. Change is hard on me, I start missing a place before I am even gone. I know it will all be fine but the waiting is harder than the arriving. I look around at this beautiful place and know it will live on in my hear and mind forever.

I just read this article and I am getting nervous about flying my dogs across the country in the middle of summer.... What should we do?
Our only other option would be to have Conner drive cross country with them when he comes in August. He will be out of the country for about two weeks in July so we would need to board them in a kennel and I think that would cause more stress on them than the scary six or seven hour flight across the hot country....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs C said...

Itlooks like we will not be moving after all. The new owner is going to rent the house to us. That being said, if you need us to watch the dogs while Conner is gone, we can do it. I read that article and I don't want them to get hurt or sick...

16 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is already getting hot, but you could ship them down there early and have your family take care of them. Summer and I flew the muts to PR on Continentals Pet Safe program, they have AC and you can constantly track where your 'package' is via the web.

23 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home