Oct 27, 2007

Uncle Mike is Home From Iraq


Well Van's Uncle came home from Iraq last Friday. He was the Commanding Officer of his unit (about 110 men) & truly a hero in our eyes! He deployed for Iraq a few weeks after Van was born.

This is Uncle Mike holding Van right before he left. It was so amazing watching them come home, marching almost in silence down the road from where they dropped off their weapons.




Coming home to their loved one's and Mike following them up from behind. They marched right up to the crowd and stood at attention until Mike dismissed them, and then I was in a sea of people searching for their men that just came home after seven months of fighting.




I felt the adrenaline rushing through my veins and the energy was so thick in the air you could almost see it. As I walked through the crowd looking for Mike, I had to snap some photos of these people reuniting with such energy and love. It was truly a release of emotions for everyone who was there, their is always a level of uncertainty that comes along with having someone you love



deployed. But once you see them again and give them that long awaited hug and kiss the emotions all come pouring out. I think a couple of these guys had not yet met their babies that had been born while they were gone!

















I have been procrastinating about writing this post because I was fearful I could not paint the picture that I saw the right way. But I went for it and here it is, certainly an experience I will never forget.
Thank you Uncle Mike for protecting our family & our country you are a hero to us all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home