Sep 9, 2008

On the move....



Yesterday I took Van to the beach and we brought the dogs along. Since Van and I are staying at my moms and the dogs are still in the house we rented he doesn't get to see them much. So we walked out onto the white sand. Van was in nothing but a diaper, white birds were all around us and the dogs ran into the water, a gentle breeze blew by us. The water was crystal clear and there was not a person in sight. For a moment I got a feeling of what heaven might be like except my husband was missing. No bugs were in sight, the heat was not that bad and for a moment I took it all in. It is for moments like these that we moved here. Lately I have really been missing home (California) my friends, having the door open in our house and letting the cool breeze blow in, watching Van play outside in our yard while I do things in side. The comforts of our life are so missed right now. It's funny that saying "you don't know what you got til it's gone". It's true. We will try Florida out for a year and see how it goes. I know it takes time to build a life anywhere, but it's hard. I know why people stay put now....

We looked at it as an adventure when we were packing up and leaving. Today it seems much harder than I thought it would be. I know this much Van turns one and a half this week and he knows his family, and it makes me smile to hear him call my mom's name "non". I always felt out of place here in Florida, the minute I arrived in California I knew that was where I was supposed to be. Turns out that is where I found some of the most important people in my life aside from my family. I love you Conner, thank you for enduring for us, I know you have given up so much to be here. What an adventure we are on huh?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan and Jordan said...

Aw Dianne...miss you and I hope you can come back one day and we can live closer to one another so that the boys can get to know eachother! Van was Kingstons first friend :)

09 September, 2008  
Blogger Maria Rose said...

I just found your blog on Delightful blogger. Really cute and wonderful photos. Good luck in Florida!

11 September, 2008  
Blogger Kendyl said...

Hang in there, I hope it gets easier for you. Most important is keeping close to your husband...and if you're both not happy in Florida, cut your losses and move back!

11 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home