Aug 18, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay on her way!


Tropical storm Fay is on it's way! We now live on a barrier island, walking distance to the beach and the bay. So today we are making preparations for the evacuation tomorrow if that's what it comes down too. She is supposed to turn into a category 1 hurricane and come ashore around 2pm tomorrow. This brings back so many memories of my childhood, every year right around my birthday a storms heads to Florida. I spent many a birthdays cleaning up our house and paddling down the street in a canoe after the storms hit. My best friend Kathryn and I would get so into the storms we would draw them on a map paste them to the ceiling of my bedroom and track them with a flash light for hours. Just when we finally got a little settled we have to make plans to leave again! More later.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home