Jun 17, 2008

Trouble in paradise...



This week has been trying, losing my cousin, packing up my house to move, Van getting a new tooth, and since toddlers are such creatures of routine this whole packing the house thing is overwhelming to him. He has been crying a lot this past week. I pick him up and try to console him, when we leave the house is when he returns to normalcy. Thank God that I have had Conner's little sis here Kat to help me pack and play with Van she has been a God send. I did need help, and I am so glad I asked or I would be doing this alone while Conner works. Anyways I gotta keep it short. I have been really sad about the death of my cousin, so I am not so inspired to write much this week. I will get back on the train shortly.


Oh I do want to say one thing,
hey you people who drive SUVs, throw perfectly recyclable bottles and cans in the trash, clean their bathrooms with — gasp — bleach and think nothing of sometimes blasting the air conditioner or taking wickedly wasteful long, hot showers. (okay I do the shower thing every once in a while).

You think you know the type: the ones who think global warming is a hoax and scarf up natural resources like candy.

Start teaching your kids that this planet is not here for us to destroy, it is here to start preserving for them. Not sure if you have noticed or not but the entire US of A is switching over to greener, more sustainable ways of life. You should too, start somewhere, you have no excuse except that your lazy.

Reasons to start reducing, reusing, and recycling:

1. conserves natural resources; consider that if we didn't recycle newspaper we would have to cut more trees to produce new newspapers,

2. conserves landfill space; landfills would fill up proportionately to the amount of materials we don't recycle - if we didn't recycle anything, most landfills would be full 10-30% faster than had we all recycled,
3. saves us money; yes, actually it does - a new landfill costs millions of dollars to develop and build - money that could better be spent on schools, roads, and public safety, and
4. it makes cents - yes - more people are employed with recycling businesses and many people sell recyclable materials.

peace brothers & sisters.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Firdaus Ariefatosa said...

HI, Dianne, i don't know how [actually i know, that is because your post-tittle using word "paradise", that is what my name's means] , but i stuck here on your "vanerwin" blog. Then I start to read and..., i just like any ordinary story about someone him/her-self.

Of course i like this/your "recycling"-minded.

o... happy new tooth for Van then. :)

-me... from indonesia, its far away, from there (maybe)-

17 June, 2008  
Blogger ICE said...

uh... I am not sure what that other post comment is about, but I just wanted to tell you both, Dianne and Van, that I know that things have been hard since last week... me being gone, packing boxes, being off schedule, then Jeff. I loved uncle Jeff too and am sorry if I did not meet your needs emotionally. I know now that I need you like you need me. I love you both and can't wait to see you tomorrow.

19 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home