Apr 18, 2008

A new way of thinking...



So I was getting the mail at the mailbox yesterday and as I was walking back to the car, I was stopped by a man who uttered these words "how often do you work out"? I looked around and then I checked behind me to see who the heck he was talking to....
Then I realized he was TALKING TO ME?
I repeated his question out loud to him, with some snickering, behind my glasses.
I said "I work out about three times a week I think!" I smiled and quickly got back into the car.

Was that a pick up line, or just a guy being nice? I am so jaded that I think everyone is being weird when strangers talk to me. I immediately look for an escape route. I created this way of thinking for myself, I really don't think it is my surroundings but I like to blame it on where I live.

I am reading a good book Eat, Pray, Love that is slowly teaching me to control my way of thinking in order to find stillness and peace in my every days.
I am slowing down enough to hear my inner voice and peeling back the layers to find stillness is waiting.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home