Apr 7, 2008

Feeling not so groovy, baby.



We took Van into the ER on Saturday night, he had a fever of 104 and his heart was beating so fast. He had short breaths, was not eating, and was sleeping way too much. On top of that he was lethargic and completely out of it. I felt so helpless, this was the first time I could not do anything to make him feel better. This past week was long, and drawn out. I felt completely exhausted by it. Worrying about your children takes all of your energy away, doesn't it?
The only thing that seemed to take his little mind off of his state was taking a walk in the bob, or watching baby einstein in our bed. Did I mention that he only wants to be held? I love holding him close when he is not feeling well. I know he has just felt scared lately and probably wondering why he is feeling so bad. It is a test of patience however, I am hoping tomorrow will be a little easier for all of us. The Dr. at the hospital told us he had a virus but my friend mentioned this specific virus to me today I just researched it and this is what I think he has.
  1. Coxsackie virus – It usually affects children ages 6 months to 3 years. Symptoms include:
    • High fever – often up to five days.
    • Severe fussiness – this is often the worst part of the illness.
    • Severe mouth pain or sore throat
    • Copious drooling
    • Refusal to eat or even drink
    • Rash – small, red or white spots may, but not always, appear on the hands or feet (thus the name of the illness). A red, lacy rash can also appear anywhere on the body.
The funny part was while we were in the hospital Conner was eavesdropping on all of the other people who were in the emergency room. Especially the illegal immigrants who the police dragged in after getting into a fight!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little guy, I hope he's feeling better soon!

08 April, 2008  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh mom, this is the first time I have read your blog. Comfort sent your way with prayers. And will add your blog to my favorites, please update us. Van is at the top of my list at this time. Keep the faith. Susan Ruffin

08 April, 2008  
Blogger ej said...

So sorry to hear that Van the Man hasn't been feeling well. As for the ER, I feel your pain. Natalie and I did not enjoy our time there either. We're praying that Van gets back to full health ASAP, I'm sure you've had enough of Officer Fussarelli for the time being. :)
Love, Spicy

09 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home