Apr 14, 2008

Just say no to BPA


My head is spinning from all of the emails from friends who have heard about all of the research being released about plastic baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, tableware, utensils, feeding aids, pumping supplies, etc that contain BPA. I just found out I have been using the wrong type of bottles all along too and they leak BPA into my sweet child's body. We go out and buy the best car seats, the fancy strollers, and the 400 thread count organic sheets, but we use pacis and baby bottles that leak BPA? I think not! I just purchased a few of the bottles that are BPA free from thinkbaby.
The company produces PES (polyether sulfone) plastic bottles and sippy cups. And stainless steel and plastic drink bottles for adults as thinksport.
First of all what the hell is BPA anyways right?
Bisphenol-A is a hormone-disrupting chemical considered to be potentially harmful to human health and the environment. It has been known that scratched and worn polycarbonate feeding bottles will leach this chemical into liquids.

I know this sounds a bit obsessive but I am trowing away all of my freakin Dr. Browns bottles tomorrow because they are scratched and worn. Goodbye old bottles hello new bottles with out the BPA. Goodbye wallet.

I am tired and weary but I have so much more information to share with you.
I will leave you with this list of companies that produce BPA free baby items & and a few images that makes me smile.


BPA-Free Brands:
Adiri | Baby Bjorn | Baby Cie | Babylife (Wee-go) | BFree | Born Free | Brita | Combi | DCI | Ezee Reach | Emily Green | Green to Grow | iPlay | Kidbasix | KidCo | Klean Kanteen | Medela | Mother's Milkmate | Mud Pie Baby | Not Neutral | Nurture Pure | Obentec | ORE Originals | Prince Lionheart | Rivadossi Sandro (Trebimbi) | SIGG | Silikids | Skip*Hop | Steadyco |
Thermos | thinkbaby

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for the list! I am actually off to buy all new bottles myself today! SHEESH!

19 April, 2008  
Blogger Meredith said...

THANK YOU! You inspired me to check all of my baby's products. I am so alarmed that we have been feeding her out of a sippy cup that is made with a toxic substance.

19 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr Browns BPA free bottles are available at Babies r Us...just got mine today!!!!!!!

21 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought new sippy cups last night too -- I found that Boon and Nuby have the cheapest ones. jen,hair chick

23 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home