Aug 10, 2007

Van Pinches


Lately I have noticed that Van really likes to pinch and pull at my skin and hair when I am feeding him! It hurts, and today I had to tell him "NO" for the first time. He looked so confused , he has never heard me say something in a stern voice to him, so he was baffled to say the least. My skin was red and he was really hyper. I am always thinking of what I am going to look up in Google, to find out more info and this is what I found. It's a web site with just necklaces & bracelets for moms who nurse and bottle feed babies that can't pay attention and need to focus on something. I think Van can pay attention he just really likes to explore my skin and hair with his sharp little nails. check out this web site with nursing necklaces.

Baby's tactile development is encouraged through the following methods :

Type of tactile exploration Sensory Information Acquired
Rubbing finger across surface Texture
Squeezing or poking object Hardness
Fingers resting on object surface Temperature
Holding or grasping object Shape, size, or volume
Tracing along contours of object Global shape or exact shape
Holding object in hand Weight

I guess I could just put on a colorful necklace and he could play with it, while he dines! But this is such a great little gimmick. Van just started eating rice cereal mixed with some milk, he eats off of a spoon and it is so cute. When we were in Vermont my mom and auntie fed him mashed up bananas and he freaked out. he loved it so much, he didn't want it to stop! So we are on to solid foods already. I am feeding him earth's best rice cereal out of a bottle and with a spoon now and he loves it!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Monks said...

mmmmmm...rice cereal, sounds real nice.

11 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home