Jul 17, 2007

HOT water Please.....


So we went out for breakfast on Saturday morning, and I had my bottle all ready to feed van! I had pumped for at least a half an hour the night before. I was going to get my hair cut and Conner was going to take Van up to see some friends in Encinitas. I asked the waitress for the hot water, with a smile thinking how great I had planned this all out. Van would drink the bottle while we were eating breakfast, then I could go to get my hair cut and he would be fed. Well she picked up the bottle and walked away for a minute, I didn't think much of it but for a split second I wondered why she needed the bottle to get the hot water? Well she came back with the bottle but she had poured hot water into the breast milk in the bottle. That wasn't exactly what I was looking for..... Conner and I lost our appetite at that moment, and I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. Now what? I had 5 minutes to get to my hair apt. As trivial as it sounds, these are the kinds of things we deal with now. So I had to feed Van under my cape while I was getting my hair cut. Not so fun! Especially when getting your hair cut is a little treat just for yourself, a get away of sorts.


Anyways I found this website that I really like a lot, thought you might enjoy it too.
Check it out, I want to get Van that wooden camera so bad, I just love it. I am a big fan of wood toys. They are so great and don't have the toxins that plastic toys carry and release...


love this photo of my little guy!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicious Summer said...

Oh NO! I would have cried! What the heck was she thinking?!

Cute Van pic. Awwwww. :)

18 July, 2007  
Blogger Betsy said...

oh i feel for you - what was she thinking putting water in the bottle.

18 July, 2007  
Blogger Monks said...

she wasn't thinking...or at least not how to be a mom. she probably didn't have any kids or much experience with them...she thought she was helping you out. But...NOT SO MUCH

26 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home