Aug 13, 2007

My Dad Surfs Better Than Your Dad...



This past weekend we went up to San Clemente to watch Conner surf in a contest. He made it to the finals and then placed 3rd in his division. We were really stoked. The contest was down at trail 6 in San Clemente, it is a hike to get down there but so worth it! We had a date night last night too which was well deserved. I think after having a baby there are two things that you must do with your husband every now and then, well there are many more things but these two are fun - date nights, and playing games. You know board games and card games. It's fun. Not mind games.. those are no fun.

Hey guess what, Van rolled over on Friday for the first time from his tummy to his back, I guess he is a late bloomer in this department but who cares, and I got it on video tape. I was so excited.

Something that keeps ringing in my ears from a song I play in Van's rooms is that God is so great but he gives and takes away, and that is so true in life. You get and you give, and God brings some darkness so we appreciate the light even more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monks said...

N-ICE work dad!

17 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home