Jun 7, 2007

My Favorite Things Continued...



I have to say I never thought I would be writing about diaper cream, "Butt" I love this one so much. I have tried all of the others cause that's just the kind of gal I am. I like to test products until I find one that I love. It has the best ingredients and they are all natural.

De-ionized water, zinc oxide, organic almond oil, avocado oil, cetearyl wheat bran glycosides, and cetearyl alcohol, echinacea extract, lecithin, algae extract, beeswax, allantoin, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate (preservative at only 0.3%), organic essential oils of lavender and roman chamomile.

This company makes some other really great products too... www.erbaviva.com


Van has a little pair of teeny tiny optics that I have put on him a few times, he likes em too.
I feel so bad when I am taking a walk with him and of course I am wearing sun glasses and I look at him squinting in the sun or just plain closing his eyes because the sun is so bright.
So I thought I would share the tips on how to get an infant to wear sunglasses.


Tips:
  • The fit is extremely important. Baby will try to pull them off if they are uncomfortable. Keep trying on pairs until you find ones that do not slip down on their nose. There are many kids sunglasses available that are too large for babies. Also, if you see red marks or imprints on the face or sides of the head when you take off the glasses, look for a larger pair.
  • Start early. I started putting sunglasses on my baby at 6 weeks. At 10 months, he still wore them without complaining. At 18 months he asks for them before we go outside.
  • Be consistent. We wear sunglasses every time we go outside - even if it's cloudy. UV rays penetrate clouds, so it's still important to protect the eyes on a cloudy day. We have a dark pair for sunny days and a lightly tinted pair for cloudy days. My baby expects to wear sunglasses if we are outside.
  • Wait until you are outside to put them on, so the shade provided will be more welcome.
  • Give baby something to hold right before you put them on. If his hands are full, he can't pull them off.
  • Get moving as soon as you put them on. Distract him with motion and he will forget about them in a minute (unless they do not fit well and start sliding down his nose.)
  • Take them off as soon as you come inside. My baby will reach for them about 20 seconds after we come in the house if I haven't taken them off for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home