Apr 4, 2007

keep your wheels in motion




As we continue to get older it is so important to remember to stay young at heart and keep movin forward.
"I am already telling Van to "stay young and keep his wheels in motion." from the mouth of the white buffalo.
Who by the way is playing on 4/27/2007- San Juan Capistrano, CA - The Coach House
I want to go, it is his first show since his tour in Australia.


ON FAMILY:
My sister left yesterday, and I cried like a little 3 week old infant, Van cried too. Zeke was still sleeping by her door this morning when I got up. he was waiting for her to come out and take him for a walk since I have been neglecting the dogs lately.

I feed them and let them out but I don't take them on the same vigorous walks I was taking them on when I was eager for Van to arrive on his due date! Those were some good walks.
After all I was on maternity leave everything was all set at the house and I had nothing better to do!

I have had time to look back and reflect on the last month and just how amazing it is to be surrounded by your family when you go through a transition like this one. The love and compassion that family members bring is a kind of love you don't find anywhere else in life.
No matter what anyone says when you bring a child into this world it is your mom that comes to the rescue to make you feel better and care for you the way she knows best.
My mom should have been wearing a cape and some blue leotard's, with a giant S on her chest because the things she did while she was here amazed me. The new landscape in our back yard, the amazing meals, the cleaning and disinfection of our house, exercising with VAN. And just being my mom, made such a difference.

Then without a day to be alone Van's Mimi and Mike came to the rescue, the dogs were back to their long walks, the food was still good, and Van was always being held. The fridge was stocked too. It was so awesome to have this time of family togetherness and the help that I never had to ask for it was just there.

I guess I could go on for pages but I should cut it short.
Just having our own little guy makes me realize how special our time is when we are with our family and how often we take it for granted. It is memorable times like these that they come to your rescue and believe me it is a rescue. I love you all and thank you for your help. Can't wait to see you very soon.

Van is still only sleeping about 2 to three hours before he wakes up at night ready for dinner or breakfast, not too sure what it is... I just know I am delierious and really tired a lot latley.


God Speed

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan and Jordan said...

I can't wait to see him!!!! Do you still want to meet up for lunch next week?

p.s. I totally agree about the Mom and the superwoman costume! I want to get my mom one too :)

07 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home