Nov 8, 2008

exfoliate!

I have to say I am one of those people who loves to exfoliate my skin when I am in the shower. Especially with the grapefruit chamomile sugar scrub from Trader Joes, however I no longer have a tj's by me. So I am thinking this little recipe might be fun to mix up at home. Also great for holiday gifts too. You can get plastic jars at the craft store and wooden spoons and wrap it up with a recycled ribbon or raffia.

Brown Sugar Body Scrub

  • 2 cups brown sugar or Sea salt ground fine - can be found at the health food store
  • 1 cup of honey
  • 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger

Method

  1. Place the sugar, honey and lemon juice into a bowl
  2. Grate the fresh ginger and add it to the mixture
  3. Mix it all up and run to the shower!
  4. Apply generous handfuls all over and give a good old scrub while you’re doing it.
  5. Leave it on for a couple of minutes and wash off.

Viola! Sweetly scented, gorgeously soft skin!

recipie via: here

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This body scrub recipe sounds great.

When I want to treat myself, this is my absolute favorite: http://www.salonhive.com/volcanic-butt-buffer-body-scrub.html

The real volcanic ash and mineral clay really exfoliate my skin. They leave it soft and glowing all day.

07 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home